How does your hair transplantation work?
Before the transplantation
Your treatment will start with the personal consultation. During this conversation we will explain all aspects of the procedure to you and we will determine the best possible final result. Our goal is a natural looking hairline and a natural hair density without any signs of having had a treatment. A hair transplantation only makes sense when there is sufficient donor hair which means we will analyse your hair and will determine the number of grafts you will need. Once we have completed all the preparations, your head will be shaved and put under a local anaesthesia. This means you are ready for the first part of the procedure, the extraction of the transplants. The extraction will be done with the FUE method, follicular unit extraction.
The Micro FUE Method
The MicroFUE method is a procedure that involves harvesting follicules from donor area by using real micro punches(0.7-0.8 mm), and implant them directly(without cutting).
This never happens in MicroFUE method and get natural looking with high density.
One by one the follicles are extracted until we have the number needed. It is very important that the future transplants are not being damaged which requires patience, fine motor skills and of course a lot of experience. After the extraction the implants will be placed in a special solution in order to keep them from drying out. At the end of your treatment we will give you a photo of the grafts which we extracted, so you can count the number if you would like to do so. Depending on the number of grafts this part of the treatment will take three to four hours.
Preparation of the receptor area
This is the next and very important step in the procedure. During this phase we will determine what the end result will look like. We will make small incisions with a micro scalpel in that area where the transplants will be placed. During this process it is very important to consider the natural way your hair grows, to make sure the incisions have the right depth, length and angle. This is also important in order to guarantee a quick connection of the new transplants to the blood vessels and nerves. The correct and professional execution of this part of the process is also vital for the look of the final result of the hair transplantation.
The implantation process
Now we will start with the implantation of the grafts in the receptor area. In order to reach a natural looking result, grafts with only one hair root will be placed in the front of the head and grafts with multiple hair roots will be placed in the back.
After the surgery
Once you have completed all the steps mentioned above the hair transplantation process is finished. The overall process takes between six and nine hours, depending on the number of grafts you need. On the next day we will wash your hair with a special shampoo and explain how to wash your hair by yourself. We will give you the shampoo to take home with you after the operation.
Nowadays there are no risks involved in a hair transplantation. The anaesthesia is only local and due to the location of the hair clinic in the hospital we are well prepared for any medical issues that may occur. You will feel no pain during the surgery and you will be given medicine to take home with you for the days after the operation.
The Schedule of your Before the hair transplantation
Nowadays a hair transplantation is without any real risks.
But as with any surgery you should consider a few things which we will mention here:
- Please send us the medical questionnaire relating to your overall physical situation a few days before the surgery
- You should stop taking any blood thinning medicine such as Aspirin one week before the treatment
- In order to avoid circulatory disorders you should also stop smoking one week before the surgery
- Please do not drink any alcohol 5 days before the operation
- Please leave your hair untreated before the transplantation, meaning without gel or spray and colour. Do not cut your hair before the surgery as we will shave it at the clinic just before the operation
- Do wear comfortable clothing on the day of the treatment. A top that can be easily pulled over your head, either a shirt or a sweater with a zipper
- Do have breakfast as usual before the transplantation. We will provide a light lunch during the treatment
Instructions to After Procedure
During a normal healing process there will be no need for another visit to the clinic or a physician. Please find some information for the time after the surgery below:
- The day after the surgery your hair will be washed at the hair clinic and we will place a fresh bandage around your head. If you like you may travel home on that same day.
- Please try and avoid touching your head during the first few days after the operation. Do sleep in a slightly elevated position by placing a few pillows under your head.
- After only a few days the little red crusts will disappear by themselves. Do not scratch them off, even though they might itch.
- The swelling caused by the local anaesthesia will also disappear during the first week
- Please do wash your hair during the first 48 hours back at home. Do use a mild shampoo, such as a baby shampoo or a ph neutral shampoo from the pharmacy. (We will provide it in our clinic after your procedure). Try and avoid direct water pressure on your head with the shower head, so use a small bucket or something similar to rinse your hair after washing. Also please be careful when drying your hair with a towel in order not to damage the new transplants
- During the first 2 to 3 weeks please do not do any exercise, use the sauna or a swimming pool and avoid direct sunlight on your head
- After two to three weeks the new transplants will fall out. This is a completely normal part of the process and no need to worry. During the following months your new hair will start growing again and become stronger and stronger until it is just as your originalhair
- The final result of the hair transplantation will only be reached one year after the operation